Re: [RC] ... disappoints me when I run into discourteous riders - Born Country

Another reason, one many people just don't think about, is that a horse can kill a dog pretty easily!  My sister owned an Arab that was a confirmed dog killer.  Not a kick with the back feet, but a stomp down on the head with the front.  While my sister owned the horse, she actually killed 2 of Mary's dogs.  We had a couple of narrow misses on the trail when people were letting their dogs run loose and they came too close to this horse.  Ears pinned and WHAM! down came those front feet.  She meant business.  If dog owners want to ignore the "dogs on leash" signs, they have no one to blame when the dog comes across a horse like this.

Esther and Chagalle, who really doesn't mind dogs at all, just doesn't like stepping in their poop (it just doesn't smell as nice as horse poop)

"Life is a canvas, throw a lot of paint on it" Danny Kaye (January 18, 1913 – March 3, 1987)

The women were on big bays, with a big pointer dog of some sort in the distant lead. There is a reason for the "no dogs off leash" law,