[RC] [Endurance Tracks] New Zealand: Bring it on, says endurance rider - Merri

The Marlborough Express - Full Article

By DAVID DAWKINS - The Marlborough Express
24/12/2009

Few riders in next month's South Island Endurance and Competitive Trail Riding Championships will be more familiar with the course than Kim Swan.

While the Chestnut Valley course may be a long way from her Rai Valley home, Swan has covered most of Marlborough either on foot or horseback.

An avid pig hunter, Swan took up trail and endurance riding 12 years ago and hasn't looked back.

"Basically I was widowed and had my hunting, but nothing else I was committed to. Del Bissell found me an endurance horse. He was a big fat blob and getting him back to work and into shape gave me incentive to ride."

Riding with the Marlborough Endurance and Trail Riding Club, Swan quickly moved into the open grade for trail riding and has since graduated to endurance rides.

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Tracks at 12/24/2009 08:39:00 AM