[RC] [Endurance Tracks] Great Britain: Experienced Dalton rider PennyPearce has w... - Merri

nwemail.co.uk

Pearce gained the most competitive mileage points last season, riding her horse Oakthwaite Suddara.

She won the Best Arab trophy, from points accumulated from riding 834 kilometres in competitive rides and gaining 1,645 points.

Pearce and Oakthwaite Suddara did so well they were placed in five other trophies at the recent Cumbria Endurance Society's AGM awards.

Said Pearce: "I'm so chuffed about it. I finished fourth last year and I so wanted to win it this year."

Pearce, who has been riding for 20 years and competing in endurance rides for 15 years, is a Cumbria committee member and promotes the endurance riding sport as a great way to keep fit, and enjoy riding over beautiful terrain.

She said: "We're trying to encourage as many people as possible to have a go at the sport, which is great fun."

Riders and horses can compete in anything, from 15km pleasure rides to 160km day treks, and you don’t need a special horse. For more information contact www.egb.co.uk

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Tracks at 12/19/2009 08:19:00 AM