[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Great Britain: National riding title forThay - Merri

Bostonstandard.co.uk - Full Article

Published Date: 09 December 2009
Wednesday, 4pm - A MEDLAM woman is celebrating after being crowned the national endurance riding champion.
Thay Stephenson and her horse Simeric S'moudh - known affectionately as Bull - were announced as the winners by organisers Endurance GB after beating off competition from 2,500 other entrants.

The competition takes place across the country from March to October each year, on hacking courses of 50 miles or more.

Riders gain points for their performances depending on how they fare and, at the end of the season, the top 10 results for each competitor are totted up.

But despite taking part in just nine events, Thay, 52, was announced as top of the leaderboard at the Endurance GB end of season dinner.

"I thought I'd done well," Thay said. "But having only competed in nine events I thought other riders would be able to discard some of their results and finish ahead of me.

"It was a nice surprise when I heard I had won - there was some whooping."

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Riding: News at 12/09/2009 10:46:00 AM