RE: [RC] Dream Bucket - Maryben Stover

Io sono Italiano e parlo solo "phrases and words that my grandmother taught my brothers and me when we were little.  Pretty sketchy huh.  We should have learned more but my aunts could not speak English when they started school and my grandmother saw how hard it was for them so when the boys started, she made sure they spoke English.  She and my grandfather always spoke mostly English to us.  I can understand the gist of Spanish and Italian when I hear a conversation but that is about it.  I go to the opera about 8-10 times a year and have picked up a lot from that.  At one memorable family dinner I was the only one who did not understand what was going on.  My great aunt was from either Nicaragua or El Salvador (never figured that out), my sister in law was from Spain and my cousins husband was Mexican.  3 different dialects at one table plus the Italian thrown in.

Then I have a junior rider who speaks Hungarian.   No wonder I am confused.................mb