[RC] My Black Friday, Riding instead of Shopping - Lucie Hess

Had a great ride today at the Season Finale ride in Oklahoma.
Lot's of folks showed up today 24 or so 50's had to be close to 40 LD riders.  The weather was lovely, clear, some wind, highs in the 70's.. unheard of in late November.

Louise Burton won the 50 and got BC too, she also won the 1/2 Arab  National Championship ride this fall.

I finished with a stong horse,  he was pulling me to get in..    This time I wasn't the turtle, maybe 6 or so people behind me..

After a fast morning trying to keep up with some friends. I dropped back and  I just rode at my own pace, and worked on having a sane, calm horse when he's being ridden alone.
 I usually ride with someone else, so he gets frantic sometimes when he's by himself.  But we had 8 miles of moving along with a loose rein.  But not so much on the first 17 miles!
 No big spooks so I stayed on!  (there's always tomorrow).

Tomorrow same trail, about same number of folks ridng.
Looking forward to the last ride of the year..  Should be another nice day.
More later!

Columbia, Missouri
NATRC Region 6
AERC # 65