[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Aachen takes a stand for clean horse sportand will ... - Merri

Horseandhound.co.uk - Full Article

Abigail Butcher, H&H head of news

One of the most prestigious events in the horse sport calendar has been the first to take a stand against the International Equestrian Federation's (FEI) rule to allow bute in competition.

Horses will not be allowed to compete at the World Equestrian Festival, CHIO Aachen in Germany next year if they have been given bute or any of the other five controversial substances permitted by the FEI last week.

"We do not want unsound or injured horses in our sport," said Michael Mronz, general manager of the Aachener Reitternier GmbH.

"The CHIO Aachen 2010 will not be carried out on the basis of the current FEI regulations, but according to the ethics of clean sport."

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Riding: News at 11/25/2009 02:50:00 PM