[RC] Cellulitis - Shelly Williams

I had a horse get rope burned about 10 years ago (the rope was covered in garden hose, so no "splinters" but still looked like a rope burn). He wasn't lame at first but did become so rather quickly and the leg swelled. The vet said he had cellulitis and prescribed antibiotics ( sulfa? ). He would improve a little but then regress again. After several courses of the antibiotics, the vet had me mix neosporin and athletes foot cream together and treat the leg with it. It worked - apparently it was a fungal infection. I am not sure what chemical was in the athletes foot cream - I think there are 2 different kinds, she was specific but I have forgotten.