Re: [RC] FEI and bute - Truman Prevatt

I would not doubt if the USEF was  not pushing it. I am sure the show jumpers and dressage riders would be all in favor of this change. It, however, passed so a majority voted for it. I would if a Swiss court would address such an issue.

This is one more reason for the AERC to cut all ties to the USEF.

Truman

terre wrote:

What, me personally?  I'm going to continue to follow my own conscience and NOT drug my horse.  I cannot control what other people do...and for some reason I have never understood large parts of the world refuse to do what I tell them.

I DO know that Equine Canada, our equivalent of USEF, is fighting this.  I know many European NSOs (National Sport Organizations) are, and are looking at a legal challenge.  I understand (to quote the President of Equine Canada) that there is huge resistance to the change.  IF (as is rumoured) USEF was instrumental in pushing this change forward, then I do not know what you guys in the US are going to do; your NSO is obviously not going to join in the fight against it.  It should be interesting.  I have speculated on whether an NSO could suspend/discipline a member athlete for using drugs even though FEI allowed it, if the NSO doesn't.  Again, wouldn't help you guys, IF USEF is the bad guy in this.

terre

--
“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently

“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.”  Friedrich Nietzsche