[RC] bute-fei - sbolinge

Wonder how they will be able to tell what "small amounts of Bute" are?? Did I read it correctly that one of the FEI vets from South America who is an advocate of allowing bute said something like "it should be alright for a horse who has had a slight case of colic the night before the event or presentswith a stone bruise to be administered a small amount of bute so that they can  compete, after all, they travel so far.  (?) I tried to find the quote again but lost it. PHEW....I keep thinking I am missing something here...please set me straight and explain how it could be that a vet would say that. Another survey: If your horse slightly coliced the day/night before the ride.....enough to be given bute...would you still ride him on 100 mile ride (or any ride)? If your horse presented to the vet the night before the ride and was off and the vet found a stone buise...would you give him bute the next day and ride 100 miles??