Re: [RC] AERC/FEI - Truman Prevatt

Bruce Weary DC wrote:
"Can we just leave it at that and stop this whining and sniveling? "

Apparently, not today, Barbara. Tomorrow's not lookin' good either. :) Dr Q

From what I can gather about this ride is the AERC only riders are paying the same as the FEI riders.

This seems to be a change. All the FEI rides I have been to the riders pay for the services they receive based on the cost for their respective rides. That is the FEI riders bear the additional cost associated with an FEI sanctioning. That would be "foreign vet," FEI sanctioning, FEI technical delegates and ground jury, etc. These cost are not necessary for an AERC ride and at all the FEI rides I know of or have attended the FEI riders paid for this cost.

That does not seem to be the case here and to do other then the AERC riders are subsidizing the FEI riders. As I have stated I have not seen any case of this in the past (although it might have happened) but it seems to be the case here.

However, the RM is an independent business person and they can structure their fees the way they see fit. The last thing I think we need is the AERC mucking in the fee structure of rides. On the other hand the AERC riders can choose which rides they do this year and next and the next. If AERC riders feel that they are subsidizing FEI riders - don't whine, don't snivel. The proper response is to not attend this ride or any of the rides this ride manager puts on in the future. We as riders have a vote - a vote with our feet. If we are upset we should use that vote.

Personally I think it is a very bad precedent for AERC riders to be called on to subsidize FEI riders and something that is new. If the ride manager wanted to run a FEI ride for riders to receive their COC they should have worked out a deal with the USEF for USEF/FEI sanctioning outside of the AERC.

Truman