[RC] Building a Dressing Room - Shelly Williams

I have a 12' stock trailer (no dividers or cut gates) and would like to close off the front to make a storage area. The trailer has a door up near the front on the curb side that can be used as an access door. Now for the big question - can I make a wall out of wood that is safe or so I need metal? My husband used wood in a similar trailer - the framing was 2x4 or 2x6 (can't remember) and had 3/4" plywood sheathing on the horse side. It was attached to the trailer floor at the bottom and to the sides into the vertical metal tubing of the trailer. It did not go all the way to the ceiling (I would prefer that as I like to be able to see the horse in my rear-view). I don't remember if we did 16" or 12" centers on the wall studs. The trailer is 6' wide, of course the wall will be longer if I put it on a slant (went straight across last time). How would I need to attach to the wall supports and floor - drill holes and run bolts?