[RC] Diagonals More Dust - sherman

Title: Message

Here's a good lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soS3HRr94P8

The horse is slow, and it is obvious once they get started in circles which diagonal the rider is on and she explains which is the correct diagonal to post on, the outside of the curve. What she doesn't say, and something I never noticed until Don mentioned it, is that not only do you rise on the foreleg that is moving forward, but you also sit when that foreleg hits the ground.

Kathy

Diagonal in question: "My ass hits the saddle when the left front hits the ground". Am I on the "left" or "right" diagonal?

Some have said left and some right so there is not any consensus yet.

It has been pointed out that after hitting the saddle I am now rising and then "standing when the right front hits the ground".
Are diagonals named by the leg you stand on?

Don Huston