[RC] GRD/FEI fees...my final say - Alexa Olney

This has become completely out of control.  Does everyone realize that there
are 4 OTHER RIDES in this region (PS) within the SAME MONTH!  There are plenty
of options, one of the rides is even in the same area and a week later.
Also remember that ride management is NOT for the glory, it's for the promotion
of the sport.  Having had the sanction for my ride in May in the PS just
approved I can say this.  If you want glory go do something else.  So what if
the management deems that fee appropriate it is their business.  I have had
people complain about the regular fees.  I look at what the other rides are
charging, I charge not the lowest but on the lower side of what all the other
rides are charging. I had someone keep me on the phone for an hour on mothers
day, while my family was here and I was the host, whining about fees and
telling me how I could lower them for next year and they had never put on a
ride before.  Ride management is a very stressfull task and everyone on here
complaining makes it even worse.  Do you think that they won't see and hear
about all of this?  Props to those who have supported their effort and
understand what it's like.
They will probably be hosting a very small group.  By having a ride in the
proper area for these riders it is actually saving some of these riders money.
This is so these people can qualify and try to get to the WEG in Kentucky from
my understanding.  It is not cheap to ride at these levels for any of the
equine sports.  Has anyone ever looked at the fees for jumping and dressage at
the same level including the horse?  Atleast in endurance we don't have to
spent so much on the horse most of the time:)

How about we look at the bigger picture.  Don't we want to see the USA
represented by the best that we have?  If that means having a ride just for
them then that's fine with me.  Plus there are 4 OTHER RIDES in the same region
(PS) in the SAME MONTH.

Sincerely,
Alexa Campbell