[RC] re: crooked horses and riders - Michelle Aquilino

It hasn't happened in a while, but I recall many times when my hips would stop "working".? I posted in more of a "twisting" motion than an up-down motion, haha.? My poor horse ;-)? It didn't hurt, they just stopped working quite right at points during a ride.? It was weird, and she probably thought I was some crazy person on her back.? Didn't seem to phase her though...

I also wanted to comment that I LOVE the scale idea.? I need to try to do that sometime, but I know I ride crooked!? Any suggestions for how to fix it?? I already get paranoid enough thinking about trying to be more balanced, and I think it just makes me ride even MORE unbalanced.

Also, in response to Mary's comment about using the horse's off diagonal to slow them down...? I remember you telling me that back when I was riding Shiloh.? It doesn't really work with Cheyenne, ha ha.? I tried, but it bothers me more than her.? She just keep trotting down the trail as if nothing were different!? I WISH it worked, ha ha, would give my hands & arms a break sometimes ;-)

-Michelle

-- "Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"