[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Neigh-Lox contamination claims are"unsubstantiated"... - Merri

Horseandhound.co.uk - Full Article

Abigail Butcher, H&H head of news

The health of horses who have been fed a possibly contaminated consignment of the equine antacid Neigh-Lox should not have been compromised, says US American manufacturer Kentucky Performance Products (KPP).

A batch of Neigh-Lox was recalled last week by UK distributors Saracen Horse Feeds. The supplement had been implicated as the possible cause of a positive dope test on a British endurance horse.

"We take such allegations very seriously, and our main concern is for the health and wellbeing of horses that depend on this product," said KPP president Karen Isberg. "We have been working to investigate the claims, and at this time, the allegations are unsubstantiated."

Traces of ractopamine — a feed supplement given to pigs to promote muscle growth — were found by the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) in a random sample taken from Forest, a horse ridden by British rider Christine Yeoman at Euston Park on 9 August.

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Riding: News at 11/11/2009 07:30:00 AM