From: Jane Rodrigue <jane_rodrigue@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, November 10, 2009 7:40:14 AM
Subject: [RC] re:lessons learned and Sandhills Ride Story

Thank you so much for the great story!  I did not start in endurance until a couple of years ago and have not been able to all of the rides that I would like (I don't own my own trailer - I'm also a tent camper!).  My mare and I were able to complete 2 50s in 2008, but then we moved to Mississippi from West Virginia and we had to leave our training/racing partners behind.  I have not been able to do any rides this year because I am still looking to find a job to pay for a trailer.  I have been a little depressed thinking my mare is getting older (she will be 12 next May) and how few races we have done together, but your story made me realize she still has plenty of miles in her, and it is not the quantity, it is the quality!
Hopefully I will find that job and get the trailer soon, and I have made a list of  potential endurance partners once I have my own wheels (thanks to another aerc member), then Mashka and I can hit the trails again and train with a purpose!
I do have one question, since we have not done a 50 since fall of 2008, should I plan on bumping back to LD rides her first year back?
jane