[RC] [Endurance Tracks] Equestrians saddle up for local endurance ride - Merri

Orovillemr.com - Full Article

By KYRA GOTTESMAN - Special to the Mercury-Register

OROVILLE -- Come rain or shine, more than 100 riders from all over the northwest will be saddling up for the 11th annual Lake Oroville Vista Endurance Ride on Saturday.

The LOVERide, featuring both 30- and 50-mile events, is among the most popular and renowned American Endurance Ride Conference sanctioned rides on the West Coast.

"With the stunning vistas our local trails have to offer, this event has put Oroville on the equestrian map of places to trail ride and horse camp," said Laurie Anderson, one of the ride's volunteers and participants. "We've had riders come from as far away as England come to participate in this event. We've had as many as 200 riders in past years and this year we expect well over 100 from California, Utah, Nevada and Oregon. Some riders come back year after year."

The LOVERide is managed by Oroville resident Kathy Papa and sponsored by the Mounted Assistance Unit of the California State Parks, in cooperation with the Department of Water Resources, which provides the staging areas and security for the annual event.

Both the 30- and 50-mile ride start and end at the Diversion Dam and loop up to Loafer Creek. The 50-mile ride continues with a loop on private property across Highway 162 and then back to the Diversion Dam.

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Tracks at 11/06/2009 08:09:00 AM