Re: [RC] Lake Carl Blackwell trail - Susan

I find it AMAZING how we can read someone's post and make up our minds about something without knowing anymore than what we read THEN state our considered opinion publically!  Instead of swearing off a trail, try riding it the way it currently is and know first hand if you like it or not.  If you don't want to drive 8 hours to find out, I certainly understand that and can't blame you.  Still, that's no reason to publically bash a trail.  I don't know if I'll like the trail or not.  After I ride it Saturday, no one will find out publically if I do NOT like it.  I happen to know for a fact that some DO like the current trail.

Consider this: some of the technical trails were made wider but are still technical and may not be 10' wide.  I understand one of the front runners who was pulled busted his knee pretty bad on a tree.  The trails are still technical.  I'm certainly not going to measure myself and my riding abilities against the likes of Valerie, Meg, Louise or Meghan.  Just because THEY can fly through those technical trails doesn't mean I can.

Susan  Young