Re: [RC] I-40 connector - marshall Bates

I'll have to disagree with you again. There are weigh stations on 40 that I find open most of the time and the State Patrol does a good job of enforcing the truck speed limits.
Just curious- do you pull into the weigh stations when you are pulling your trailer?

--- On Wed, 10/28/09, Buddy Gleason <glea6826@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Buddy Gleason <glea6826@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] I-40 connector
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 8:38 PM

The DOT in North Carolina will do a quick fix, three months, for the I-40 connector, still allowing for the unchecked weight of the many tractor trailer trucks that haul ass through the beautiful scenic gorge... Thank you, Lynn, for the post... Four feet is as tall as some people.. But vibrations are still felt... Smooth payment and not the ripples caused by over weighted Tractor trailer trucks will lesson the vibrations that shake the ground... However, how do you prevent that from happening, braking and such during the heat of the day.?? The payment just below their  weighted tires are affected by the heat of the day, etc..  Weigh stations must weigh these trucks and any vehicle pulling a trailer. So as to allow for the proper weight on that payment..  Time is money for these drivers and they must not be stopped..........Well.. Need not to say more..The walls will come a tumbling down............ Buddy