[RC] laminitis and vaccines and a Texas A&M study - Cindy Stafford

Was just reading Karen Chaton's blog entry about healthy hooves http://enduranceridestuff.com/blog/2009/10/healthy-hooves/.  In it she referenced another article about a possible link between vaccinations and laminitis:  http://www.forloveofthehorse.com/lamconn.php.

In that article, the author referenced a Texas A&M study that the author quotes:

Evidence of a link to immunologic hyperactivity in chronic laminitis
Researchers from Texas A&M University have conducted a well-designed study that implicates a link between routine vaccination and acute episodes of horses with chronic laminitis. Their results were quite convincing, presenting clear evidence that there is a relationship between vaccines and acute episodes brought about through changes in the immune system produced by the chronic laminitis, which then leads to a heightened sensitivity to vaccines.

I would be interested in reading about this study, but I didn't see it referenced in his footnotes in the article (unless it's one of those listed with all the scientific mumbo jumbo that i can't interpret).

Do any of you ridecampers know where I could read more abuot the A&M study?
Or do you know anything about the article author Joeseph Thomas?  It says he has a PhD but i'm not sure what?  Veterinary medicine?  Basket weaving?  Some of the references he has int he article are referencing his own articles, so am wondering what his background is to know how much credibility he might have....?

am very interested in knowing if there is a foundation to this link that he discusses.  My horse has always had some reactions to being vaccinated.  This year she developed laminitis but it wasn't until 2 months after, so hard for me to link the two, but sometimes you just wonder...
so I am wondering if the study indicates the timeframe that a horse could get laminitis after the vaccines...She did develop a very hard area in her neck at one point of one of the vaccines that didn't go away for months.

Or, I am wondering too, if the vaccines didn't make her lamina weaker at teh time, but then 8 weeks later there was another insult to the hooves (It was in April, so spring grass was our initial thought...and she also had her shoes pulled at the same time, so newly barefoot and running around a pasture)  that kicked her over the edge to laminitis (and Karen C, if you're reading this, would be very interested in your thoughts?)

Cindy who is struggling to get her horse sound again :(