[RC] thanks to everyone who offered advice on leg injury - alexis_mills

Thanks so much to everyone who offered advice and encouragement, both privately and on Ridecamp, for healing my squashed leg.

After just two days of resting, icing, and medicating, today I'm able to walk without crutches. I just bought some lavender-scented epsom salts to soak in tonight, and I'm seeing a physical therapist later this week, so I'm optimistic I'll be riding again soon.

I really do think the extra body fat is what saved me (I'm 145 instead of the 120 I should be), so I'm no longer going to worry about givng up pizza and beer, or cheeseburgers and fries. But I'm also going to stick to riding my own horse and will NEVER attempt to ride an unfamiliar horse again, no matter how well trained the owner claims it is.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to write. I really appreciate it.

Best wishes,
Alexis