Subject: Re: [RC] How long to heal a squashed but not broken leg?
From: Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, October 12, 2009 7:29 pm
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Holy Cow Lisa,

I never thought you were that well endowed for a boob to save you from extreme injury ;-)

Truman

PS: Get well and be thankful you didn't get the common bike injury - a broken collar bone.

Lisa Salas wrote:
I just recently had an awesome bicycle wreck :( It was actually 2 weeks ago Sunday and I was able to run a 15K this weekend.

I dropped my water bottle, (luckily I had slowed down a bit) and knew I was going to run it over. That's not good. I automatically hit the brakes with my left hand which happens to be the front tire brake. That's really not good. The bike bucked me, sending me a good 8 feet or so down the trail. When I got up, my bike was facing the opposite direction and the bell (so I am not a serious biker) was laying next to my leg. That is where the shin gouge came from. A mere flesh wound. I landed on my right boob which acted like an airbag and saved my face from slamming down on the pavement. My shoulder took some of the concussion as well. I did have a helmet on but my head, but thanks to my boob airbag, it never hit. My right rib cage and right thigh FELT like it had road rash but not a mark was to be found. My left shin however had a contusion that looked like an alien from the Men in Black movie set. I found new bruises for the next few days on my belly, hip, boob and inside my knee. Later, the bruising from my alien lump dropped to my heel which also swelled and gave me a cankle :( I hate when that happens.

I am still numb on my thigh and I still have a very large, black and blue lump on the inside of my shin. I have never had so many bruises even from the very few times I have come off a horse!! Stupid bike.

The worst part of the accident was when a "serious biker chick" came flying by seconds after I stood up bleeding and starting to swell, and she growled at me to get out the way! WTF? (why the face?) Luckily, my mouth wasn't numb (thanks to my boob airbag!) and I could form the "F" sound very clearly.

So, nothing broke but lots of things bruised. I will NOT be bringing sexy back anytime soon :) What doesn't kill you will make a good story!  And a little more colorful :) I do hope you recover soon.

Lisa Salas, The Odd fArm

--
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth."  Neils Bohr, Nobel Laureate Physics

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-