[RC] Back Pain and' Wobblers' - Nik Isahak Abdullah

My current endurance prospect, 9 year old gelding, who had had several 80 kms ride insiduously had developed a persistent lame over the last 4 months in his right hind limb.'Insiduous' because I could not recall any major 'falls' or 'near falls'- just the usual training rides.Lameness started after a non competitive 80 km ride, mostly riding at back pack.
Now after 4 months of continuos rest he is still lame!
The examining vet said he had a spine problem which could lead to a 'wobblers'. May even need 2 years of rest and even then the prognosis is uncertain.
I have not yet obtain a 2nd opinion but any 'armchair vets' comment here is appreciated..........

Chat online and in real-time with friends and family! Windows Live Messenger