Fwd: [RC] Ok ride campers... Need your expertise - Sandy Adams

with author's permission:

Begin forwarded message:

Sandy, have you checked tire sizing? Rather than making the horse leap into the trailer, how about going to a smaller size tire? Plus raise the center pin this should give plenty of clerence. Yes you can post this  to see what everyone says cole m30454

I think if I understand this right, the issue would be that smaller tires (btw, brand new truck with new tires, the gal who hit my old truck has now cost us upwards of $58,000) would not give us nearly enough clearance; need about 8-9 more, and also would mean altering my truck. Also since we live up where we get more snow than rain, we got a 4 x 4 for that reason and reducing the tire size kind of negates that purpose. Sure never EVER thought about the sides of the truck being higher but they certainly are, by several inches. Anyone knwo why on earth someone thought that making them higher was a good idea?

=