RE: [RC] 'test' - Nancy Mitts

Are they riding their horses or leased horses?
Perhaps the horses are ones needing to move through the system & need to do 75 before they can do 100. I'm also guessing if you see 75 miles of this course you've seen the whole 100 as far a familiarity is concerned.
I would say winning this pre-ride is only very important to riders needing to secure a place on their squad. Why "waste" a 100 mile ride on a horse that doesn't need one, if you're running to win and not accrue mileage?
It sounds like smart management to me.

Nancy Mitts