[RC] removing ortho-flex panels - Shelly Williams

Sorry I can't reply directly - I'm only signed up to post, not receive. The Ortho-flex panels do wear out, and I think when Len takes them off, he puts stuffed panels on the saddle to shape it more closely to the horse's back and then uses a Corrector underneath, instead of putting the bare tree on the Corrector. I guess whether or not you can get away with it depends on the shape of the tree & horse. My guess would be that the tree is quite wide, since it had to fit the panels under it, and still be wide enough for the horse. I'm not sure exactly how the 4 bolts from the panels attach to the tree (in other words, do they unscrew, or are they imbedded into the tree with fiberglass or something? Anyone know?) I use a Corrector under a Wintec (flocked panels) and it works (both the endurance model and an all purpose). One of the few things I have purchased that does work. I have had treed saddles, treeless, and 2 diff brands of flex panel, and the Corrector is what I have ended up with.  -Shelly