Re: [RC] saddlepad slipping - Opal Perry

Chris, I am having the same problem with my HAF pad, its great but slides out from under the saddle when I'm doing "extreme" hills.. I think Karen Chaton had pics on her blog site where she attached her pad to the saddle.. maybe someone here has the link?

Opal Perry
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 10:15 AM
Subject: [RC] saddlepad slipping

I am trying a HAF pad before buying it and I am having a heck of a time keeping it UNDER the saddle. It isn?t the style with the rubber waffle bottom. At Yellow Hammer this past weekend I put a cotton pad under the saddle then the HAF to try and help with the slipping but that didn?t help.

I *think* I like the HAF pad but if I can?t resolve the slipping, I will need to find something else.

I was thinking about punching holes in it to attach it to the saddle which automatically means I buy it or does someone else have a better suggestion? Different pad?

I ride in an Arabian Saddle Company trail saddle (not the Solstice/Rubicon) with center fire rigging. It fits well but I don?t have much room to spare for a thick pad.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Chris Littlefield