[RC] Riding mares - sherman

Title: Message
I wonder if it's because there weren't any gelding, therefore the mares were the most reliable?
Kathy

Oh, and forgot to add...

you said you search and it seemed that geldings were more successful?  The statistics could be misleading - it could be just more people are riding geldings.  You'd have to do a true study where all other parameters are equal to compare gelding vs. mare success rate.

And a bit of trivia - I was told that the Bedouins preferred to ride mares in battle.  the stallions were left at home.  Don't know if true, just interesting if so...

cindy