RE: [RC] Re:RC Before and After - Judy Houle - Kevin Myers

By the way, if you are looking for a list of barefoot trimmers, there is a handy and little-known Barefoot Trimmer search function by zip code here.

Kevin

From: Kevin Myers [mailto:kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:10 PM
To: 'ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [RC] Re:RC Before and After - Judy Houle

Thanks Judy,

I’m having a barefoot trimmer come out once every five or six weeks, depending on the needs of each horse. I’m doing some regular rasping of the feet with an old-fashioned rasp and hoof stand to keep the mustang roll in tact and to keep the toe back. I have not graduated to a grinder yet, but I have seen people more experienced and more capable than me using one and it looks impressive.

The mustang roll you see in the photos are done by a professional trimmer using a rasp.

Kevin

Blog

What a difference!  The hooves look so much healthier.  What kind of trimming are you doing or having done, i.e. tools or abrasive with a grinder?  The beveled edges look like a grinder.  I use one and find it much easier.  Thanks for sharing.