[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Abu Dhabi: Al Kamda registers first win atShaikh Ma... - Merri

Gulfnews.com - Full Article

M. Satya Narayan
January 24, 2009

Abu Dhabi: Ahmad Saeed Al Kamda registered his first career-win riding Al Galyb HCF in the Shaikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Endurance Cup, a 100-kilometre ride restricted to riders and owners of private stables.

It could have been a 1-2 for the Al Kamda family but Rashid Saeed Al Kamda, who finished holding hands with the eventual winner Ahmad Saeed, was eliminated after his horse Jeelan failed the post-ride vet check due to metabolism reasons.

Layla Abdul Aziz Al Redha, who has won such an event for private stables, finished second while the young Aliya Ali Mohammad Al Marzouqi was third.

"I have been involved with horses since a child and have been riding for well over a decade but this is my first win," said the 25-year-old Al Kamda.

More...

--
Posted By Merri to Endurance Riding: News at 1/24/2009 01:16:00 PM