Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.6436 new horse - Chipnml

Congratulations...she sounds wonderful, and I love her name...although I keep thinking "Maui Wowie!"

My advice is the same I offer any newbie....don't get ahead of yourself, and don't think she's indestructible.  Take time to "learn" her.  You can always speed up if she's got what it takes, but if you go too fast you could wreck a really nice horse.  Of course, getting a horse with that many miles under her belt is nice since you can check her record and see what kind of rides she's done and go from there.  I tend to be an ultra-conservative rider, but then my horses have always been green when I've started them.  I'd keep the hackamore....they are sooo nice to compete in.  The horses drink and eat much better, and if you don't need a bit, why bother?

Chip