Re: [RC] Strangles in SE region - Kathy Mayeda

I agree with you Maryanne - we as a society tend to use too many
antibiotics.  When I lived in San Francisco, I was always sick.  I
would go to the doctor and they would automatically without question
give me a prescription for antibiotics.  I had bad bronchitis maybe
about three times one winter, and was given antibiotics only to get
sick again three weeks later.  One day I stayed home sick from work,
but got bored and went to the bookstore to get something to read.  I
found "The Yeast Syndrome."  One the cover it listed symptoms that are
pretty much like having a flu but it would be candida albicans
overgrowth that would be causing it.  And yes, the antibiotics
contributes to candida overgrowth.

So I followed the diet in the book and cured myself of being that sick
all winter.  Then I moved out of the drip line of San Francisco which
reduce my environmental mold exposure.  I usually do get sick once a
year but it's usually more because if I pull an all nighter and dont
get enough sleep during the rainy season - wham - I'll get sick.  So
I'm trying to stay smarter about that.   The diet was pretty
obnoxiously limiting, but it was a much more effective cure than the
antibiotics in the long run.

K.