[RC] Coughing Horse - Vchorsegal

Hi-
  I have an older gelding ( 22, Polish Arab ) that has an occasional cough, but is otherwise very healthy. The vet thinks it is a dust allergy that gets annoyed at times.  The dust in alfalfa hay can bug him, or in general our Southern California dry dusty conditions. The vet said we could wet his hay down, and the bedding in his stall if needed.  He is on a 2 acre dry pasture during the day with friends, and in a large stall and attached large paddock during the night. He gives lessons and goes on trail for a living.  He eats about 70% bermuda & 30% alfalfa hay. If the cough acts up for long periods of time I give him a cough product for about 3 days to give him a break & he usually is a lot better after that. Hope this helps !

- Heidi Helly in San Diego area