Re: [RC] VC100 and Klassy Sam update? - Merri Melde

An update on Klassy Sam:

On Monday his pulse was finally low - 44 -? showing the pain had decreased from 68.

Wednesday he had some setbacks: temp was back up to 101.4 and heart rate elevated. he was taking oral antibiotics. a thrombus formed near the original catheter site, so they were hot packing that and putting DMSO on it. His appetite was good, eating and drinking well.

Thursday his temp got up to 103 but lots of cool showers and alcohol baths brought it down to 100, they were still hot packing the catheter site, but he was in good spirits.

Friday, the high temperature broke, yay! it is normal, vitals are looking good and he is eating everything in sight. he's still on antibiotics.

Blood tests did indicate this was initially probably a bacterial infection.

So far things are looking up again, though he's still not out of the woods. infections, laminitis are always a possibility.

Keep the positive thoughts going.