[RC] my whole story, Virginia City 100 - Karen

I think riding it was easier than writing it. ;-)

http://enduranceridestuff.com/blog/2009/09/karen-tiggers-virginia-city-100-endurance-ride-story/
http://enduranceridestuff.com/blog/2009/09/karen-tiggers-virginia-city-100-endurance-ride-story-pt-2/
http://enduranceridestuff.com/blog/2009/09/karen-tiggers-virginia-city-100-endurance-ride-story-pt-3/
http://enduranceridestuff.com/blog/2009/09/karen-tiggers-virginia-city-100-endurance-ride-story-pt-4/

Merri did a fantastic job covering the entire event.  She also did a terrific job getting photos of all of the riders.  Be sure to check it out:  http://www.endurance.net/international/USA/2009VirginiaCity/    For those of you that were there, you can go and purchase your photos.  Then, simply upload back to Walgreens and then go pick up the prints in any size.  Awesome!

The morning after the ride - at breakfast - I had a hard time keeping my eyes open.  I think I'll be high for a month, or more from having such a terrific experience.  Finishing all 5 days of the Bryce XP was also exhilarating.  I love that this sport has so much to offer, and is so rewarding.

I don't think that VC is as hard as Tevis on the rider, though in some ways it IS harder on the horse - especially where footing is concerned.  This year the completion %'s showed that - VC had a 43% completion and Tevis had 53%.  Changes will be made so that the trail isn't as hard next year.  The new V&T railroad sure did put a crimp in things.

I think that everybody that really loves riding endurance -- should come and ride the Virginia City 100.  It is one of those milestone types of rides that is worth doing not just for the satisfaction of doing it, but for the experience and personal rewards.  Plus you get a really cool silver buckle that will have your horses name engraved on it.  This time I ordered a silver bracelet for Tigger.  I already have a buckle for Dream Weaver, and can't wear more than one.

I had one of the best rides of my life on the VC 100 this year.  I am so thankful that everything fell into place the way it did.  The volunteers, the vets, the trail, the entire atmosphere was just fantastic.  I really enjoyed the ride on my horse, Tigger.  He has his flaws but is definitely a sweetheart with a lot of heart.

My crew had real ghost story to share.  Check it out!  Plus, this video of the cemetery is awesome.

You guys better be there next year!

Karen