RE: [RC] re: From a Turtle's Perspective - adam and jannelle

I have gotten every last stinking dime of my ride entries this year as the almost slowest ride in every ride I’ve gone to.  And after the first two, I decided I’d better stick to LDs until I was ready to go faster because a 50 would really cut into my social time, which is a big part of endurance riding for me.

Jannelle Wilde, still doing LDs….maybe, maybe 50s next year.

I am going to add to that, something that might not come across right.  Yes, the ride is the prize, but if we just want to go out and ride 50 miles and nothing else, why do we need to spend $100s to travel to ride events?  Is it not the whole experience of the ride?  The start, the holds, the vet checks, the finish, the camaraderie, and if you are staying the night, the awards and celebration of everyone’s completions and accomplishments?  Take out the celebration and camaraderie, and you almost might as well do it at home?  You can make your own holds, go through the vetting process, grade the different areas, etc.