[RC] Positive Drug Test - Leonard.Liesens

Well, normally, mixed feed companies should warranty their products. And the
drugs involved in this case are certainly NOT allowed in pig's feed neither,
according to the european regulation.

We have as a general rule, when competing at FEI level, to clean up the box (if
it has been used previously for another competition, take for example
Compiègne, France), the manger and everything before letting our horse enter.
Now even, there is like a paranoia in Europe, where nobody wants to let his
horse unattended in the stables. It is a bit sad to come to the conclusion that
endurance which was a high social sport is becoming what it is now...

Leonard, www.endurance-belgium.com

7th September 2009

Christine Yeoman was informed at approximately 11.00am this morning t=

hat a drug test performed on her horse Forrest at the Euston Park Ride o=

n the 9th August was positive. As a result she has been suspended by the=

FEI and is now not allowed to ride in the European Championships in Ass=

isi. Statement from Chris ....

The substance involved is something that I have never heard of before an=

d apparently is >>>>usually fed to pigs in order to promote growth. I ca=

n only at this stage say I am trying to find out how on earth this subst=

ance was found to be present in my horse and to state >>>>>>>>categorica=

lly that I have never knowingly fed it to my horses.

I'm curious. I know I've read where some of our vets say we need to set =

"acceptable levels" of banned substances since today's tests can catch m=

inute traces of drugs that they could possibly be remnants that were not=

intentionally introduced into a horse's system...such as maybe the mill=

that mixed Chris Yeoman's horse feed had used the same machines for mix=

ing food for pigs. Did FEI in any way varify the amount? Is that the s=

ort of thing that could happen to one of us? I used to use the same cof=

fee grinder to grind up bute pills that I used to grind up my Tums (back=

when I used them) to make electrolytes. If I had been tested traces of =

the bute might have showed up. I don't do that any more.

לjjbzĝ۫jw5a0zwnzw"wfϢX8rV
0zwnzwyƦ+mԞ˛mm۫jw'^qZ vx'F'^I