[RC] Akhal Teke/NSH mare available half-sister to Aiyupi - Elizabeth Chase

Delphi is available for sale or free lease if kept in Minnesota.  She is a lot of horse, and yet needs someone with a sensitive hand and leg, and a lot of savvy.  I am playing level 3-4 Parelli games with her.

13 years old, 15 hh, and a Senetir daughter (first AT stud to be imported to the US).  She would make some awesome babies, but I'm not interested the baby-raising aspect.

You can see her at YouTube; my user name is Iriye.

She's got a lot of speed and fire in her feet. Smarter than a fifth grader, but needs sensitivity when introducing new things and environments. Can look confident, but has areas of braciness I've come to recognize....  once I get her over her emotional self she is awesome to ride. She is a lot better behaved than in the videos these days, and rides in a rope hackamore. Very light with the aids and contact; a heavy hand will drive her nuts..  I have taught her how to use her back and find her own balance at the walk and trot. She does great longitudinal extension on the long line. We're working on the canter. I also ground drive her with one and two lines.

I think she would love to have a younger, athletic, and mature-for-their age rider.  She might even like cows. For sure she needs someone more athletic and bold than I am. And she needs to be ridden longer and harder than I am able to do.

Also, she tends to be too easy a keeper and can get quite cresty and her toes grow so quickly that she can have laminitic bouts.  I have her stall boarded to restrict her access to grass, and she doesn't get more than a handful of grain with her supplements. I also give her a supplements with a mixture of chlorphylla, ground flax seed, and coconut oil.   Thyroid tested normal in June 09, glucose was 35, and I've worked 50 to 75 pounds off her since June 1st.  Normal weight for her would be about 750 to 800 lbs, I think, so she's got another 50 to 100 lbs... 50 of fat for sure, but she's starting to show some progress on conditioning.

Just tossing this out to see if anyone is interested in a fantastic horse.

Liz
MN