Re: [RC] How do you call it a day? - Don Huston

Hello Susan,

1.) I was told that you could only do a RO if the horse was vetted and deemed fit to continue. At that point the rider now has the option to pull using the RO code. Since your horse could not meet the pulse criteria and get vetted thru, you could not use the RO code. Being too hot to pulse down is a form of distress and potentially life threatening to a horse. You were wise to have decided to pull even if your horse had squeaked by the 30 minute pulse down rule.

2.) I do not know.

Don Huston