[RC] Clinton Anderson Saddle - Dawn Simas

<<They weigh in at about 27# so
are a bit heavy for endurance. >>

I think any saddle that fits you and your horse will work best for endurance.  :)  Firstly, larger saddles have a larger area to disperse the weight pounds per square inch.  So the CI saddle may actually have less pressure on your horse's back than an english one would...  And as for overall weight, I don't think that matters beyond your own concern for slinging it on and off a lot at a ride.  I mean, we riders vary from 110 lbs to 210 lbs...but I don't hear anyone say a heavyweight is "too heavy for endurance".  ;-)  5-10 lbs in your saddle, spread over 300-400 square inches, your horse will never notice.  Heck, *I* put on 5-10 lbs every Christmas it seems, I don't buy a new saddle for half the year.  Ha, ha.  :)

Dawn