[RC] virgina highlands ride - oddfarm

Thank you Nicki (the BOSS) and wanna be ride manager Don :) for putting on such a great ride. Actually, I didn't get to ride as Nitroxx spun in his pen until he was lame but I still had a great time. And how about a HUGE round of applause to the guy who got everyone parked! (It wasn't Don :) How wonderful it is for the state of Virginia to put in the New River Trail! Trainer Wendy and I took the dogs for a walk at a few different sites and it sure is nice.

I put in more miles with my unbalanced dogs than I did with my 3 legged horse :(

I did get to do a short ride with Shelly and saw a beautiful view from the top of the hill. Thanks for taking me, Shelly. Thee most gorgeous view was from Don and Nicki's home which was one of the vet checks. Guy the farrier was busy, busy putting on lost shoes. He's great. Trainer Wendy and I helped riders at the away check for a while then we came back into camp.

I was honored to scribe for the vets Friday afternoon. Dr. Waldron was like a favorite teacher. You just couldn't get enough of her wisdom. Dr. Ike Nelson was fun and professional and also eager to educate some young students there to help. He rode, and then vetted. What a guy! And Dr. Otis, (Schmidt Happens) was truly inspiring by the end of the day. Or just cranky I'm sure which :)

Thanks to all of the vets and volunteers who let me participate. It was fun and educational!

On the way up to Virginia we stopped at Hard Labor Creek Campground located just outside of Madison, Georgia. What a nice place. Easy pull through sites with electric and water, nice stalls and beautiful trails. I'll have to go back and stay a while.

Lisa Salas, The Oddf Arm