From: alexis_mills@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] need advice about spooking/bolting
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 13:02:58 -0700

I'd like advice from people who have experience with horses who spook and bolt. I had a near-death experience last week when Samurai spooked at some cyclists as we were trying to cross a road. He ended up veering into traffic and nearly colliding with an SUV. However, if I hadn't asked him to cross a busy road w/ approaching bikes, this never would have happened... Definitely operator error.

Any advice would be appreciated.