Re: [RC] Bakersfield, CA - bechack

Quite a few endurance riders in the area. Easy striking (driving) to SoCal and NorCal rides

From: Ranelle Rubin
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:42:12 -0700
To: <geologyrider@xxxxxxx>; ridecamp<ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [RC] Bakersfield, CA

It is very hot in summer, but you can go east and live on horse property pretty easily..Head up toward Tehachapi....Hwy 58 I believe..and it would be cooler as you get out of the valley.

I spent time there as a kid at my grandparents house...hated the heat..like 110 degrees at times.

It will be dry compared to Ft. Worth in the summer though with very little humidity....can get foggy in the winter..

If you want to get out of town, you can go east to the mtns, or west to the coast for day trips pretty easily.

Good luck!

Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. ~ John Wayne

Ranelle Rubin
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx
775-815-8296