[RC] Yellow Jacket repellent - Kathy Copeland

So I did a ride this summer and not fifty feet from the starting line my horse got zapped by yellow jackets or hornets and bucked my butt off.  My husband said I put a new slant of the meaning of an LD ride.  Six fractured ribs and a partially collapsed lung later I figured out the new order of falling off. First when you are young and fall off you bounce, sometime after that you just go Thud and it doesn't feel to good but you move on, well unfortunately I have apparently come to the stage in life when you hit the ground you go CRACK. This is not a fun place to be but the new riding vest should take me back to the Thud stage I hope.  Would love it if someone developed something that would take me back to the bounce stage.  Anyway so I was wondering if anyone knows of any good repellent for yellow jackets, short of not getting to close to them cause you don't usually know where they are until they strike, that makes them not want to pick on the horse you are riding.  Also anyone has come up with a yellow jacket desensitizing training?
Thanks in advance for any helpful information.
Team Slow Poke
Kathy Copeland