[RC] quarter crack - Ericka Nelson

My horse has developed a quarter crack.  It is up into the coronet band.  Any of you have experience with this?  My shoer takes full responsibility for this, she has been shoeing two years now, and I completely forgive her.  She is getting together with her mentor on Tuesday, but I'm doing my own research on the internet till then.
But what I need to know is this....is my horse's endurance career over?  Would you ride still?  Any luck with repair?
Thanks for any input you all may have.
Ericka