[RC] OT Home Again Somewhat - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

I am, at last, home and out of the hospital after 15 weeks.  I am not
back to MY ranch, yet, caretaker's are having a grand day on their
own, rather I am at my daughter Katie's in San Jose.  I will have a
few months of Physical Therapy (conservative estimate based on my
personal feelings instead of the 8 months figured by doctors) and then
I might be able to go home to my own ranch.

Most of the horses are still fostered out.  There are six left out of
the original 14 that I had when I had my accident.  Thru the grace of
God and some very dear and caring friends those six are being very
well taken care of.  Kathie Ford, Vicki Testa, Ann Blankenship, and
Jenny Gomez, THANK YOU, for the loving care and over seeing of the
care of my dear equines.

Thank you, EVERYONE, for your cards, care packages, notes, phone calls
and above all your prayers.  If it had not been for the strength,
determination and commitment of many of you, I don't know how I could
have gotten through in the last 15 weeks.  Especially, Kathie Ford,
who has been there day in and day out for me.  Kathie is, by and far,
one of the strongest women I know.  An incredible human being with the
heart and soul the size of the universe.  When I had days that I
thought I just couldn't take it any more.  Days when I just wanted to
stop and give up.  Kathie held me up.  Thank you, seems so shallow,
given the depth and range of emotions, it must have taken, for many of
you, to be there like that, for me.

There were, and more than likely will be, more nights when I can't
sleep, the many many of you that are on Facebook, Christine Anton;
Patty Montefusco-Yardley; Christine McCarthy; Michele Turney; Daryl
Downs; Eric Nelson; to name just a few, who kept me company, messaging
back and forth.  Following people at their rides texting from their
phones - fabulous!  Even those of you that were not at rides but on a
vacation of sorts.  Sharing your experiences, seeing the world outside
of my walls, through all of your eyes!  Unless you have been in this
position you just have no idea how much that means to one human being.
Thank you!

I don't know what the future in the endurance sport holds for me.
When I left racing I never looked back.  And was glad to leave my
horses racing careers up to someone else.  I don't have that feeling
about endurance. It seems to be a hunger that I just can not satisfy.
Therefore, you can be sure I will give it the best that I can.  I have
a lot of shoes to fill.  Along with a lot of rides to catch up with -
hopefully!  :)

Best wishes to you all.  May the endurance road always move safely and
swiftly beneath your horses hooves!

D'Arcy

--
D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx

Be the change you wish to see in the world - Gandhi