[RC] McCrary Home Safe - Richard Sacks

According to the Santa Cruz Sentinel, Lud & Barbara's home is safe (http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_13052532). I don't know about Bud's house or any of the other members of the family or the Big Creek lumber facility. You've got to admire these people, stubborn as mules and tough as nails. It runs through the entire family. And they are more knowledgeable about forestry than most in Cal State Fire or the Forest Service Dept. For all the years I lived in Santa Cruz both Bud and Lud have been fighting with the county to selectively log out the area so that over and under growth wouldn't lead to a massive fire. Needless to say, the county fought them every step of the way and now the fire has done what Bud and Lud always knew needed to be done. Thankfully, the best land stewards in Santa Cruz County are safe.

Richard Sacks
rsacks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.equipedic.com