[RC] biothane breastplates (or collars, or whatever the right term is...) - sherman

Title: Message
I don't think you'd see as many on endurance horses if they were causing many problems. I've never had a problem with them in over 5 years and 90% of my riding is steep up or down in the canyons.  I have both biothane and beta, unpadded.

Kathy

K, am shopping for a new breastcollar for pony #2.  I know gajillions of endurance riders use biothane, but it looks to me like it would dig into the horses muscles...?  Anyone ever have problems with rubs or anything with them?

I have one I use now, but its HUGE and really does nothing more than give a place for the martingale to hang from, so am going to try and get a properly sized one (thought I ordered a cob size, but doesn't appear so...).  But am debating do I get a plain biothane one, or do I get one with the padding underneath, or should I just go with one of the neoprene ones.  Would like to stick with the biothane if I don't have to worry about it causing problems...

Opinions?  And who seems to have the best prices...?

Cindy