[RC] Big Horn/Tevis - sherman

Title: Message
OH NO!! Does this mean no more Swanton, not even as a loop to camp or a 50 or 75? I don't travel away from home much, but sure enjoyed Swanton last year and had hoped to do it again next year.

Kathy

Interesting....my very thoughts about our Swanton Pacific.  I've voiced the exact same words over and over, when we have 12 riders attend.  It has been heartbreaking to put as much effort into clearing trails and managing the ride as Lud and I have done and then have 12 people show up.  Last year, with Tevis cancelled and our announcement that it would be our last SP, we had lots of riders.  But given our age, energy level (or lack of it) and the fact that people will always go to Tevis rather than another 100-mile ride, we just retired from managing rides.  And, surprise....I haven't missed it at all.
Aware people tell me it's the mystique.  And because of its legend, Tevis definitely has mystique.